lunes, 28 de mayo de 2012


THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE FAMILY
David Sánchez
Julio Cesar Cortes
Alejandro Pinto
David Rivas.

One day like anyone, we were in front of our houses with Cesar, my best friend. We were talking about the plans when we finish the BS. I said that I wish I had enough knowledge to apply for a scholarship In US, but the problem was that I speak a little bit English. In the other hand, Cesar, my friend wanted to work as a research assistant in some projects in the university. Words by words, we talk about our plans for the next two years.
We started walking over the sidewalk between the complex and the park, when we saw a big brown dog crossing the dead end street, Cesar starts whistle -shhhhh little dog, come on “sparkie”- we always do that to start annoying mongrels, obviously the dog approach to us trying to answer Cesar’s calls, but when the dog were near to us, we notice that their eyes were blotchy. We asked ourselves, if the dog had dog rabies, because the dog got saliva over the neb also red eyes and a horrible aspect. In that moment we thought that the dog was dangerous, but the dog just asked for food we understand that because the dog tries to suck a plastic of a sandwich.
Cesar and I with caution tries to petting the dog and we carried on to the bakery and we bought some smooth bread to the dog. While we fed the dog, we understood that the dog was missed some days before and the saliva and blotchy eyes showed his hard life away home.
What we should do? I asked to Cesar. Were obvious that not many people would want to pick up the dog because it was very bad, was smelly, dirty and needed careful. But, I could not leave it lying in the street, I always loved animals and I always wanted to have one pet at home, but my parents would not let me have it, my house was the perfect place to take it and wait for it to recover, we have a great place with some trees and a lot of ground, so we can share time with the dog and have so much fun. In that way, I decided to rest the dog with me. I thought for myself, what it’s going to say my mom when she sees this poor dog? She will kill me!!! But, It doesn’t matter; I felt I must take it.
Cesar accompanied me, he knew that I needed his help to give it a bath, and perhaps to think that we would give to eat during the day, also I needed their support at the time my parents saw the newest member of the family, that would be difficult I thought as we were going my way home.
David took it to home; David spread used car il on the dog. Used car oil is used to remove strongest infections. After we removed the oil, David washed the dog with soap for dogs, because we wanted to let the dog clean to meet the parents. Obviously, that couldn’t have happened without the help of Cesar.

David father is a vet doctor that loves deeply animals especially dogs and cats. Doctor David Rivas Sanchez was very anxious about the dog. David the doctor, check over the dog and he found that the dog was a lightly sign of a cancer tumor in the right limb. They medicated some pills and told to his son that the dog needs to follow a medical procedure to prevent de development of cancer.

The pills and the medical procedure are so expensive to pay for a mongrel, but Sir David is a person that frequently helps mongrels and tries to help them. He knows a vet doctor, Alejandro Pinto, he usually recipes dog with diseases and help it with expensive treatments. David and mom comes to Alejandro’s clinic with the dog, Alejandro check it immediately and found that the tumor are very big and need to be operated as soon as possible.  

Mon and David felt that the dog is not going to survive, mom sais that when she saw the dog enter to the surgery room the dog looks deeply depressive and she starts crying because she felt that the dog start to loves new home and his owners.

 After four long hours thinking about dog’s surgery, Alejandro finished the procedure and he said that the dog probably wakes up in the next 3 hours with no problems. That notice give us some peaceful. We took some time to take lunch, but mom was impatient, so she entered after a couple of minutes to the room and start to talking with the dog about the plans that the family is going to do with the dog. She told to the dog that she would run out around a big lake with other dogs of the complex; play with a frisbee, etc. But, the most important thing, the dog is already a member of the family.
Immediately, the dog start to wake up and mom said that she understand the lovely look of the animal. She recognize that the affection are shared and the dog become relaxed, with a internal peace, that means that feel confidence to be part of a family could be the best way for any disease.
David, mom and Sir David Rivas found a mongrel that became the happiness, the center of attention, and the new member of the family. After some days David, found that the dog was a very smart dog and probably they received special training, the dog can sit, lay and goes for the ball. Cesar was jealous that David rest with the dog and Cesar buy one similar dog for him. After some months David and Cesar had to play together with two happy similar dogs that change our lives forever.
END

1 comentario:

  1. Ok, that was quite a good job, but I noticed several mistakes in your last part, these mistakes make me think that you were using a translator, and that would be a shame as you are fully able to present and defend a work like this. Also I missed the fourth report.

    Best,

    Elkin Moreno

    ResponderEliminar