jueves, 24 de mayo de 2012

Exact Surprise (Final version)


María Angélica Ballén, Rudy Stefany Ochoa Rosas, Julio Andrés Aragón Ruiz, Óscar Pinto Siabatto



Events in life are good, are bad, and some particular events that cannot be forgotten, it´s the case of two university students, which I will talk below.

Tuesday, exam day.  Jairo´s house:

“What a night! I went to bed at three o'clock, but it´s sure it was worth. I took a shower and drank 1 coffee, then I enlisted my suitcase and then I went to college. Luckily, I woke up on time that morning and I wasn't late”.

On the other hand, in the Vanessa´s house: “Again later… I fell asleep again. I had to wash my hair this morning. Cannot be true, I slept much. Ah, what a trouble, I didn´t study for the exam, it´s the final exam! Sure I'll lose that subject again, it means, I will lose the semester”.



“I'm shivering by sleep deprivation. But it is necessary; I must get the scholarship back. Well, I‘ll study some more while the teacher come. “How strange, she is more timely than an ugly girlfriend. Ha”. Jairo said: “five minutes past seven, this is strange”, then Vanessa told: My God, it's five minutes past seven and the transport in the city is always annoying! “Hey, mister, could you move a little? you are pushing me”. Sure she didn´t  sleep and now maybe she is dictating the test questions. - Well, excuse me, please, could you move? I get off here. It´s seven and quarter.

-“Are you the English IV students? Rita Camelo student's?”
-“Yeah”, students said in chorus.
-“I come from the deanship to announce you that Rita is sick. It was a surprise. Look... the test will be postponed a week.”

Well, there must be. While studying enough, never enough, and I can take this week to study more. The downside, is that it will cross with the final work of Germanic Philology I. It's funny, neither did Vanessa arrived. Later, but she always comes to class. And she neither appeared to study with me. And can not believe that…Vanessa and the teacher were friends. Ha, ha ...

-“What's up, Jairo? I almost didn't arrive. What happened? Wasn´t there test? Have you finished? It's only 7 and twenty-five.”
-“Hi, Vanessa. Be calm, miss Dora of the deanship, came and told us that Rita was sick, and the exam will be postponed.”
-“Lucky me. I hadn´t studied one bit. Jairito, please, help me a little. Look, if I lose this subject I will lose the semester.”
-“Well, okay. This is my new phone number. Call me.”
-“Oh, thank you. Where are you going now?”
-“To the library...”
-“Oh, wait, there goes Yenny ... See you. I´ll call you”.
-“Hmmm...Ok…bye”

Tuesday again, English IV exam again, and I didn't study anything. If I hadn't gone with Jenny to study on Saturday, sure I would not have finished at that party. If I had called Jairo, I sure would have studied with him… But no. And yesterday, instead of studying, I began to waste time on Facebook... Ha. Well, dear, let's face the world. Let's see, what time is it? It's five minutes to seven in the morning, and I am arriving to college. I can´t believe it. I didn't studied but I came earlier than usual. -“Good morning, Rita.”-Oh, I hope to get lucky… How strange, Jairo haven´t arrived yet.


Meanwhile In Jairo`s house:
-“Jairo, Jairo, son...”
-“Hmm, what happened?”
-“Son, it's five minutes to seven in the morning. Don't  you have to go to college?”
-“Yes,yes…Thanks, Mom. I was studying late last night .”
-“Well, I’m going now. I left you alone. You will find the breakfast in the kitchen.”
-I'm late. And this is a very important day. Well, I will take a quick shower, I smell out like a monkey. And I will eat something otherwise I will die at eleven o'clock. Let's see ...

 -No way! I did not ask my mom for money... And I just reached for a bus ticket. Well, breathe, relax. The important thing is to get at time to the test. Oh, no, the bus is delayed, what happens .... Hmmm. No, no, no. I left the Philology's work…

If I do not give it today, Elkin won´t receive it later. I will get off the bus. -But without money?...

Well, I will go by bike. “Excuse me, excuse me.” The bus is full. “Sir, here, over here.” And the keys? No way, I left the keys. It's a five to eight. CAN¨T BE. Well, let me see if the spare keys are here. Yes, they are, thanks goodness. Done. OK: helmet, vest, bike and run... And now... rain, rain, and a hole... can not be... a hole, Ahhhh! It's a quarter to nine in the morning. No, I did not arrive at time. Well, I will try. At least, I will talk to Rita. No. It´s awful and Impossible. The worst thing is that today she must submit grades to the system. I lost the subject, I got a poor average. Let me see, I should call someone. And the phone? Where is my phone? No I lost it! NO. Only this was missing…

The next day, meanwhile the two young in the college…



-“Hi, Jairito”
-“Hello”
-“what happened yesterday?”
-“Ah...Vanessa, you saw all that happened, a total chaos. I woke up late, I went back home for a Philology´s work, I hadn´t money, until I lost my phone… it doesn´t matter. Will you look at the grades?”
-“Yes, I'm here for that. Rita said yesterday that it will be posted on the door of her office.”
-“Well... Can´t be?”
-“What happened, Jairito?”
-“I got 4.8. Rita absolve me the exam?, must be. Thank goodness! What about you, Vanessa?”
-“Ha, ha, I got 3.2. I reached 4.8 in the test. I will not lose this semester.
-“Good! You were studying very hard.”
-“Ha, ha. You are always so optimistic. I just got luck... Oh, there goes Yenny ... See you, Jairito.”
-“Yes, of course, in this semester, while I worked hard, you were doing anything.”

1 comentario:

  1. Ok, I reviewed your story and made some corrections, but I made some corrections as I found it quite hard to understand. I sent you the corrected version including the corrections. Among the corrections I noticed some mistakes on consistency both in subject and tense.

    Best,

    Elkin Moreno

    ResponderEliminar