jueves, 24 de mayo de 2012

My first day at Nacho: Final version


Today was my first class day at National University. I didn’t go to the induction week, but that’s not a problem, because it’s for newbie people, and I went there twice before my graduation; indeed I know the important places there. I thought today it’s going to be amazing! When I did my schedule I didn’t take newbie´s classes, I chose some interesting class, and I will meet many people from different semesters. My first class was at 7 o’clock and I woke up after my mom says: “Simon, wake up! You’re going to be late!” After I took my breakfast, I went to the avenue to take the bus, but I had to wait almost 30 minutes, because they came so full and no one stopped when I asked! Few, I finally get into a bus... OK, let's keep. When I was going to get in the university a guard asked me for my card, but I didn’t have it! I didn’t know that I must show it to enter, and I had to chat with him for a while to finally go to my class.
I had troubles finding the classroom, so I asked a student. After going where he said, I found there wasn’t anyone. I was sure it was Medicine Building, but maybe the classroom wasn’t 303. It was 8:00 AM and the class finishes at 10:00 AM.  I checked the schedule again. Oh God! The classroom was 309 and it was 8:15 am, however I could go before the class finishes. Finally, I found the classroom but it was full. I didn’t was nervous because was just a class and it would be easy, just like the school.
When I came inside the classroom, I said “Good morning, teacher”, and he answered to me
-Wait! Didn’t anyone teach you to knock the door? Boy, it would be good if you explain why you are late I’m sure you know which class is and who the teacher is”.
Obviously I knew what he was asking, and then I told him:
-This is Anatomy 1 class!
Then I heard a loud laugh from the students, and I couldn't understand why… I felt really bad. So the teacher said:
-This is Contemporary Colombia class, and I would like you to remember this is the Faculty of Human Sciences.
“Damn!” I felt so stupid… And I ran off to the Medicine Faculty… Finally I arrived to the classroom, the teacher was friendly with me and I sat down on a chair, one of the students was a beautiful girl near me. She looked so gorgeous! With her black hair, her red lips… but she looked a little weird, like hippie or something, but still sexy. I stared at her, and then I asked: Did class begin too long ago?
”No, it started late”, she said. “The teacher only has showed the program”.
When the class finished, I asked her: “What’s your name?” “Rosy” she said, and after I said my name to her, I invited her to have a coffee; I wanted to prove my seduction skills, with so beautiful girl… Well, we went to the restaurant and we were getting to know each other while we were doing the row. She told me she was in 5th semester of Medicine, and I told her this was my first day and I told her my “story”. Obviously, I didn`t tell the real story, because she would had thought I was an idiot. She was hungry, because she asked two chicken pies, one coffee, and chocolate dessert. I ordered a juice and other chicken pie. When we finished eating, she told me she had class, and asked me to wait her after class in the hall, because she wanted to show me an interesting place. I was really excited. “This day will be better than expected!” I thought, but after five minutes I noticed she had not paid her bill and I finished paying everything. I spend all my money, and I had no more for lunch. But it didn’t matters, because I had met the most beautiful girl and we had a date.
I waited for her in the place we agreed. And fifteen minutes later, she was going at the hall with some friends, I guess. “Hey, Rosy!” I said, she stared at me and said goodbye to them. “Oh, it’s you” said her, and she got closer to me. I didn’t say her about the bill I paid before, after all, it was a date and I had to be compliant.
We went to a dark room, and she lighted up it. “This is the dissecting room! If you would study medicine, you should know this” she said smiling, and I stared at her. “Is she kidding me?” I gave it no importance, and get closer to her. “So, that’s why you bring me here, or there’s another reason…” “There’s another reason, yes, but you must wait here. I’ll be back” and she went out of the room. Then I looked around, there was two bodies covered, how disgusting. And a moment after, the light get off and a noise started from somewhere… I was so scared! I didn’t know what was doing that noise, and without light I didn’t know what to do, and then, something moved.  And that thing came to me! A zombie! I screamed and knocked the door but nobody responded to me… And it was getting closer to me, I tried running, but he captured me, and hug me by the neck…
And a moment after, I heard a lot of laughs, the zombie, and Rosy and their friends… “Hey newbie, are you scared?” said the “zombie”, and I understood what happened. It was a joke. I looked at them, everyone clapping my back. Rosy looked at me, and said “Simon, do you need to be less haughty, or you will be object of jokes while you’re here… Welcome to the Nacho!”

1 comentario:

  1. Good job! It's very good, rather fun. I had to make some corrections to your text. I sent you the corrected file for you to compare.

    Best,

    Elkin Moreno

    ResponderEliminar